Wednesday, August 25, 2004
Because...(dark...yet sorta not?)
do you ever wonder how/where in the hell 'you' come up w/ some of this stuff??
...in the 1st-person no less??
am i just talking to myself here (again)?
yup.
carry on...
~~~~~~~~~~
"Bring me your paddle, Zara."
And I do.
I always do.
"Across my lap, little one," she tells me, patting her thighs.
And I go.
I always go.
There is nary a thought in my head that directs me to.
My brain is screaming at me to do everything but.
And yet my body goes.
I hate this.
I hate her.
And stop calling me "little one" goddammit.
I am not 5.
And I am not a little girl.
I've survived as many lifetimes as my 'mere' 14 years.
I lie face down on the bed across my former-therapist-turned-mother's lap.
My bottom is further elevated by the pillow on her thighs.
"Lift your hips up for a sec, honey."
Her hand rests (for all too brief a time) on my now-bare bottom.
4'8" little one or not, my all-muscle 80 pound self could still kick her skinny social workin' ass.
And she knows it.
I don't fight.
I don't plead.
I don't argue.
I don't struggle.
I don't beg.
Not then.
Not during.
I went to week long training camps and no one even noticed I was gone.
With a bank card and an account full of his dirty money,
I was "otherwise" taking complete care of myself when I was SIX.
They said my mother was really nothing but a crack-whore goomah who'd up and abandoned me.
I wouldn't tell you back then why it might really be that I'd starved myself into your office by 10 years old.
I didn't tell you that they'd just let the squealing foot soldier...rape me.
I did not need to be told it was the "perfect" defense, on the unlikely occasion that the body was ever found--
having been riddled with bullets 2 feet from where I lay ignored on the bed.
I didn't tell you, I didn't tell anyone.
Because my own life always seemed a small price to pay for protecting the few who gave a damn, protecting yours--
and your family that I did not know.
"Tell me why you're getting a spanking, lovey."
Because you're a mean figlio di puttana.
"Uh huh, and why else?"
Because...the
i-lied-about-yaddah-yaddah
and/or-did-blah-bleh-blah
and/or-yaddah-yaddah-yaddah
of the moment.
Really because...
...my first language is body and actions, and I am not quite fully fluent yet in words.
Because 'coaching' me to be so is still your goal, but some things you will not chance to potential miscomprehension.
Because I never got to be 5.
Because it's about time I got to live a lifetime.
Because I only "hate" that I love and so overwhelmingly need you, with an intensity that I'm positive defies all logic.
Because you notice (*grumble_grumble*) everything.
Because you don't know what really happened, or why, either--
only that you will not leave me, and one of these days, I will damn well know it too.
Because care-taking and protection is your job now, not mine.
Because it's not ok to hide that I'm hurting.
Because it's not ok to not speak the truth.
Because the family I didn't know has since declared itself mine.
Porca miseria, my ass hurts!
"I'm sure it does...I think it needed to."
*hmph*...
*hmph*!
Because a sore bottom is a small price to pay for a healing soul.
Because you are my Jax.
And I will always be your little one.
do you ever wonder how/where in the hell 'you' come up w/ some of this stuff??
...in the 1st-person no less??
am i just talking to myself here (again)?
yup.
carry on...
~~~~~~~~~~
"Bring me your paddle, Zara."
And I do.
I always do.
"Across my lap, little one," she tells me, patting her thighs.
And I go.
I always go.
There is nary a thought in my head that directs me to.
My brain is screaming at me to do everything but.
And yet my body goes.
I hate this.
I hate her.
And stop calling me "little one" goddammit.
I am not 5.
And I am not a little girl.
I've survived as many lifetimes as my 'mere' 14 years.
I lie face down on the bed across my former-therapist-turned-mother's lap.
My bottom is further elevated by the pillow on her thighs.
"Lift your hips up for a sec, honey."
Her hand rests (for all too brief a time) on my now-bare bottom.
4'8" little one or not, my all-muscle 80 pound self could still kick her skinny social workin' ass.
And she knows it.
I don't fight.
I don't plead.
I don't argue.
I don't struggle.
I don't beg.
Not then.
Not during.
I went to week long training camps and no one even noticed I was gone.
With a bank card and an account full of his dirty money,
I was "otherwise" taking complete care of myself when I was SIX.
They said my mother was really nothing but a crack-whore goomah who'd up and abandoned me.
I wouldn't tell you back then why it might really be that I'd starved myself into your office by 10 years old.
I didn't tell you that they'd just let the squealing foot soldier...
I did not need to be told it was the "perfect" defense, on the unlikely occasion that the body was ever found--
having been riddled with bullets 2 feet from where I lay ignored on the bed.
I didn't tell you, I didn't tell anyone.
Because my own life always seemed a small price to pay for protecting the few who gave a damn, protecting yours--
and your family that I did not know.
"Tell me why you're getting a spanking, lovey."
Because you're a mean figlio di puttana.
"Uh huh, and why else?"
Because...the
i-lied-about-yaddah-yaddah
and/or-did-blah-bleh-blah
and/or-yaddah-yaddah-yaddah
of the moment.
Really because...
...my first language is body and actions, and I am not quite fully fluent yet in words.
Because 'coaching' me to be so is still your goal, but some things you will not chance to potential miscomprehension.
Because I never got to be 5.
Because it's about time I got to live a lifetime.
Because I only "hate" that I love and so overwhelmingly need you, with an intensity that I'm positive defies all logic.
Because you notice (*grumble_grumble*) everything.
Because you don't know what really happened, or why, either--
only that you will not leave me, and one of these days, I will damn well know it too.
Because care-taking and protection is your job now, not mine.
Because it's not ok to hide that I'm hurting.
Because it's not ok to not speak the truth.
Because the family I didn't know has since declared itself mine.
Porca miseria, my ass hurts!
"I'm sure it does...I think it needed to."
*hmph*...
*hmph*!
Because a sore bottom is a small price to pay for a healing soul.
Because you are my Jax.
And I will always be your little one.
oh no don't you put me in that box you know what you can do with those locks bet your life i'll come crawling out again you'll have to deal with me then you'll hear me in the wind...

